Auryn Beorn, a Second Life merchant with over 4 years of experience with her store (Black Tulip) and as a CSR for Dutchie, has published the second part of what is bound to be an epic-series of free help guides for aspiring and existing Second Life merchants entitled “Merchant Resource”.
The second part in the series addresses issues of great importance to Second Life merchants, including:
- product naming
- product permissions
- more information to include and recommended permissions
- product ad inclusions
- a discussion about the pros and cons of folders versus boxed items
- demo product recommendations
She’s packed the second instalment with a huge amount of practical information, and includes data from surveys of shoppers asking what they want from merchants.
Also in this part, I share my recommendations on naming products to facilitate searchability and word of mouth.
Ms Beorn also includes links to free scripts for merchants to use when preparing their products for unpacking, including
- One script to unpack on touch
- One script to unpack with an animation/pose of your choice while the box is being worn
- One simple HUD with information buttons, a spot for your product ad, and unpack on click
Read and bookmark: “Preparing your products for sale – permissions and more”
Featured image by Auryn Beorn.